January 1, 2012

Grammy Rodee

On New Years Eve, our sweet Grandma Rodee went home to be with Jesus. It was a sudden goodbye that we were not prepared to have, but we know that the Lord's timing is always perfect and as hard as it is, we are trusting in His perfect plan. I am so thankful for the memories that I have with Grammy. She was a strong woman and a sweet Grandma who adored all of her grandchildren and great grandchildren. She always had a way of making me feel special and loved, and I know she made all her grandchildren feel that way! The example that she set as a woman who loved the Lord and honored her husband will always stay with me. Watching the sweet marriage that she shared with Grandpa over the years helped teach me what a loving marriage looks like and inspired me to find a man of God that I could share my own life with.We will always think of Grammy every time we enjoy the delicious recipes that she passed down to us, like her Turkey Tetrazzini, her Egg and Sausage Casserole, and especially her Cheesy Potato casserole, which has been my favorite food since I was a very little girl!

I am so thankful that Grammy was able to meet and hold each of my babies and watch them grow over the past five years. And I'm even more thankful that our move to Utah allowed us to spend more precious time with her. The last 3 months have allowed us to make some very special memories with Grammy that I will never forget. Its hard to think of her not being with us, but I am so happy to know that she is home. I can't think of a better way to start a new year then rejoicing with the angels in the presence of our Almighty Lord.

We love you Grammy!!! Thank you for living your life in a way that will bless your family for generations to come.

2 comments:

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

I'm so glad you have such wonderful memories of you grandmother:) What a blessing that she got to meet all your children:) How funny that I actually had all those recipes you mentioned! We love you all and are thinking of you!

PaPa said...

Thank you for honoring Grandma this way. It is BEAUTIFUL!!!