December 28, 2011

Our not-so-snowy Christmas

We expected our first Christmas living in Utah to be snowy and white...however the weather did not cooperate! It was cold, but there was no snow in sight. But we still had a special day celebrating the birth of our Savior and sharing gifts with Papa. Nana, Uncle Blakey Boy, and Shelby....soon to be Aunt Shelby (since they are now officially engaged! YAY!)

In all the excitement, I failed to get very many pictures this year...but I did manage to get one of each of the kids with their stockings! Gracelyn was thrilled to get the toy hamster in a ball that she asked for and a brand new scooter! Addison was just as thrilled to get the puppy on a leash that she asked for and her very own brand new scooter...just like her big sister! And Preston's favorite toy was the choo choo train that Santa left for him and the soft lion blanket and teething rings in his stocking. Later I was able to get some cute pictures of the kids all warm and cozy in their Christmas PJs. When I saw these Santa PJ's in the store, I knew they would make for some great pictures of Preston on his very first Christmas! Something he can look back on in 15 years and ask "Mom...did you really have to dress me up in that silly Santa outfit?"
It was another great Christmas to remember!

2 comments:

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

So cute!!! I'm glad you had a great day:)

russandkatie said...

your kids are so beautiful! I miss them!