So, our beloved computer is broken...hence the lack of pictures and updates on the blog! We are hoping to get it fixed soon, so that I can start uploading pictures again. In the meantime, I thought I would update you all on how things are going in Utah.
First, an update on Josh's job! The phone started ringing with people who wanted to interview Josh literally the minute he pulled into the state. It was a huge relief to me, since my biggest fear about this move was the fact that we were making the decision to move before we knew what jobs would be here. He ended up having 12 interviews with 4 different companies in a 2 weeks time period and ended up with 4 great job offers! I was so incredibly proud of him and we were both simply in awe of the way God provided so many opportunities in what we've been told is such a terrible economy! There were pros and cons to each of the jobs, but he ended up going with his heart and accepting a position for the University of Utah Hospital, the company he told me that he would love to work for before we even decided to move. He is a Senior Manager in a beautiful office downtown. His commute has been cut in half, and he has a great office with a gorgeous window view of downtown! So far he loves the people that he's working with and could not be happier about his new position! I love that I get to see my handsome husband all dressed up in a shirt and tie every day! :)
Secondly, an update on our house! After a long search and putting out several offers on homes, we have found the perfect home for our family. And again, it happens to be the home we saw online and fell in love with before we even decided to move! This home had 3 offers ahead of us when we got here, so we did not have much hope for getting it. But right at the last second the other offers fell off the table and the home became ours! It has all 4 requirements that Josh and I came up with before moving, which include: a big grassy backyard, a basement with room for a playroom, a fireplace, and close to my parents. Luckily, it actually backs up to a walking trail that leads right to my parents house, so we are able to walk there! It is also in the boundary of a great elementary school, where Gracelyn in currently going to Kindergarten and is loving it! We are currently working like crazy to get it ready to move in. We are painting, laying down new carpet, and finishing the basement. We are scheduled to move in this weekend!!
I cannot even express how blessed I feel. Things have fallen into place one by one, all according to the Lord's plan. I'm so thankful to my husband for being brave enough to listen to what the Lord put on his heart, and then follow through with it, even though that meant walking away from everything that was familiar to us. I can already see the Lord's plan for this part of our life here. Of course, we've had our fair share of bumps along the way, and I know there will be more to come. There are things and people we miss a whole bunch back in Phoenix...but we are truly blessed and we are really enjoying the next stage of our life here so far.
Hopefully our computer will be fixed and I can post pictures of our new home soon!
January 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I can't wait to see pictures of the new house!!! Although we miss you SOOOOO much (Diet Coke doesn't taste the same anymore) we are so excited to see what God is doing in your lives! I can't wait to come visit:)
I can't believe we didn't go see the house when we were up there last time. Duh!! We just forgot.
Anyway - I'll come up and see it soon. I can't wait. Although - I know I'll be jealous. A basement? FINISHED?! That's so awesome.
Congrats on Josh's job and the new house! That is so awesome that's it's close to your parents, I bet they love having you guys so close now.
So happy you are in Utah and finally got your dream house!! YAY!!
I bet your dad is just tickled pink about it, no? haha
Post a Comment