April 20, 2011

Minnie Mouse Birthday Extravaganza

This year, we decided to do a double birthday party for the girls. Because we were combining their party, I wanted to make sure it was extra special for both of them. A Minnie Mouse party was the clear choice because Addison is very in love with Minnie Mouse and Gracelyn loves anything that reminds her of Disneyland. We decided to make half the party in the classic red Minnie colors for Gracelyn and the other half in the new pink Minnie colors for Addie. I had soooo much fun hand making all the decorations and treats for this party, and the girls loved helping me! I was so happy with the way it turned out and the way it almost looked like two parties in one...for my two very special girls! We were so blessed to have our closest family and friends here to help us celebrate. There are just so many cute pictures to share....

The decorations.Home made chocolate covered Minnie Mouse rice krispie treats on a stick....YUM!
The gorgeous cakes! One of the few things for the party that I did not make myself! We left these for our cake expert, and we were thrilled with how they turned out AND how they tasted! Addison chose chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling. Gracelyn chose white cake with strawberry mousse filling of course! The girls with their handmade Minnie pinata. Never again will I buy a pinata from the party store, now that I know I can make one this cute for under 2 dollars! Quick pictures with mommy and daddy before our guests arrived.Time for cake! The girls had been looking forward to this for weeks. Addison was especially thrilled when everyone stopped to sing Happy Birthday just for her. She was all smiles! Sharing some yummy cake with Papa.Enjoying some pinata treats.
Opening presents!
Just a few of our very special party guests!
Seeing how much the girls enjoyed their party made it worth all the time and effort! Thanks to everyone who came to help us celebrate!

3 comments:

kristine said...

So cute!! Wish we could have been there!

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

It was such a cute party;)

Brittney said...

TOTALLY wish I could have been there. It looks like a GREAT party. I LOVE their outfits. They are beyond perfect for their theme! Where did you find them?! LOVE 'EM!