April 22, 2011

Bunk beds!!

The girls are now officially sharing a room in their brand new bunk beds! Papa and Nana bought these beautiful bunk beds for their birthdays. Papa was even gracious enough to help Josh set them up while he was here. The girls were completely thrilled about them as soon as they saw them. Gracelyn moved into the top right away, but we went ahead and kept Addison in her crib through the weekend, with all the birthday events going on. I have to admit I was a bit nervous to move Addison into her big girl bed on the bottom. I knew that she had the potential to give us a huge challenge. But Addison never ceases to surprise us. This is how she felt about going to sleep in her big girl bed for the first time!She went to bed like a champ from the very first night (with just a few stern reminders from Daddy that it was time to sleep). When we went in to check on her later that night, we found her backwards at the bottom of her bed sound asleep :) And since then, she has napped and slept in her bed every day without a single problem! I am so proud of her! Gracelyn loves having someone to share her room with at night and absolutely LOVES the fact that she gets to sleep on top! Looking at these pictures I am reminded that we do not have baby girls anymore. They are growing up so fast! I know that sharing a room will be a great way for them to grow even closer over the years (and I'm sure they will learn a few lessons about compromise too!) They are going to be GREAT big sisters for baby Preston! The bunk beds were just one of many changes that we made to their room. I have been busy redecorating it and creating a super fun space for them to share. I will be sure to post pictures of the whole room once it's all done!

1 comment:

kristine said...

Hi Gracelyn and Addison! We love your new bunk beds!Love you both so much!!