April 7, 2011

5 Years Old

Sweet Gracelyn Rae,

You are 5 years old today! I can barely stand to think of you as a 5 year old...but to see your face this morning when you realized you were really 5 now, was priceless! You have had a busy year going to preschool, doing gymnastics, and being a great big sister! You have grown up in so many ways this year and I am so proud of you! You love to dance and twirl all over the house. You have been begging to take ballet, so Mommy is going to try very hard to get you into a ballet class this summer. You are so curious about everything and you love to learn...in fact you have already developed a love for reading and can read many short books on your own. Needless to say, you can not wait to start Kindergarten in the fall! I'm not sure what I will do all day without you around to ask me a million questions and make me laugh! You are sensitive and emotional like Mommy and you are determined and outgoing like Daddy, which makes your personality so unique. I love you more everyday and I am so thankful to have you as my daughter. Happy Birthday to my big 5 year old girl!

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

Wow I remember visitng you all at the hospital and seeing her in the NICU! Has is really been 5 years since then?

russandkatie said...

come do Marilyn's with us on Saturdays!