Our family is about to embark on a new adventure! It's something that we've always talked about doing...but have never been serious about...until 4 months ago. Josh came to me and asked me to start praying about moving to Utah. I was very surprised by his request, and didn't take him seriously at first. Leaving his job, our family here, and every part of the life we've built in Phoenix seemed crazy, but he was serious, so we started praying. Slowly but surely God began to give us a vision for a new stage of our lives. We've been talking for months about ways to simplify our lives, slim down our expenses, and spend more quality time as a family. The fast paced, city life in Phoenix has just not allowed us to do that. We began to see that Utah would provide new opportunities for our kids to be more active outdoors (like riding horses), build relationships with our family there, and have a "slower-paced" childhood. After months of discussion and prayer, we both came to the conclusion that this was an opportunity that God was calling us to take, and we could not afford to pass it up! It's been a whirlwind of selling our house, looking for new homes, and job searches since then...but we can see the Lord's hand in all of it and we are confident that we've made the right decision for our family. That's not to say that it is easy to leave our life in Phoenix. There will be many, many hard goodbyes! But we will be back to visit often, and I know that we will stay in touch with all of our wonderful family and friends here!So, in just one week we will be loading up and heading to Utah!! Now, if only I could figure out a way to pack an entire house with 3 kids! Ha!

4 comments:
I still can't believe its true!!!!
I can't believe this is your last week here!! We are so happy for you all...but also so sad to see you go:)
I'm pretty sure I know a Nana and Papa that are over the moon about your move!! :)
Oh how the Utah relatives are doing the HAPPY DANCE!!! So so grateful the Lord has prompted this move for you. I hope you LOVE it here!
Post a Comment