July 7, 2010

4th of July in Colorado

We just returned from our family vacation in Breckenridge, Colorado. I grew up spending many of my Christmas holidays there with my family, so I have lots of fun memories and I love having the opportunity to take the girls back there now. We had a great time with our family, and got to visit with aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. Addison got to meet her Great Grandpa and Grandma Rice for the first time, a very special moment. We were lucky enough to be there for Fourth of July and I really think it could quite possibly be one of the best places to celebrate that holiday. We got all the small town charm with a little parade, band performances in the outdoor amphitheater, and a great fireworks show over the lake set to patriotic music. We really could not have asked for more!

The girls looked so cute in their festive outfits.Gracelyn got a front row spot for the parade to make sure she had plenty of opportunities to grab the candy and beads that were thrown out. She loved every minute of the parade, but was especially thrilled with the horses all decorated in red, white, and blue!Addie had a great time watching the parade from the side lines with Nana and Papa. She even got to enjoy one of the many suckers that Gracelyn had snagged...okay, maybe two :)After the parade, I was able to snap a cute shot of the girls on the park bench, then it was home for afternoon naps, to help make sure the girls could stay up for the fireworks later that night.
We had to bundle up for the fireworks, with temperatures dipping down to the 40's, but we didn't mind one bit. You don't get very many opportunities to watch fireworks on the 4th of July under blankets and drinking hot chocolate, so we took full advantage of it. It was definitely a holiday weekend we won't soon forget. I'll have a few more fun Colorado pictures coming soon.

4 comments:

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

Oh so sweet! I'm glad you had a good time:)

Brittney said...

Looks like a blast!! I love their outfits this year and your hair looks great BTW. :)

russandkatie said...

I love the 4th of July! I'm glad you guys had a good one too!

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun! My parents are from CO and my grandparent's lived there until about 10 years ago. We used to go up almost every summer for the 4th and CO definitly puts AZ to shame on that holiday! All the towns get so into all the festivities. Love it!

Such cute pictures!!