April 29, 2010

Addison is One!

Exactly one year ago, we were here... And here we are today, on Addison Joy's First Birthday! It's hard to believe that an entire year has gone by, and yet it also feels like Addison has always been a part of our family. If you ask me, the first year just comes and goes much too quickly. I wish I could make it last just a little bit longer! Addison is growing so fast and learning to do so many new things everyday. She is developing quite a personality and can catch the attention of even a stranger with her adorable looks and sweet little voice. She has brought so much joy into our family and we just love her to pieces.

Things I want to remember about Addison at 1:
  • She LOVES mommy! She's happy to be with almost anyone, as long as she can't see me. But the instant she spots me, she cries and whines to be in mommy's arms. This can be so inconvenient at times, but I know that one day I will miss it so much!
  • She started crawling at 10 months and is now starting to pull herself up. Everyday she's becoming more adventurous and looks for things to climb up on...life is about to get even busier around here!
  • She has 8 teeth!! And she cut 5 of them all at once!
  • She says dada, mama, tys (for our dog Tyson) and siss (for Gracelyn). In fact, almost every evening when she hears the garage door, she starts saying dada. You have to see it to believe it! It's just about the sweetest thing I've ever seen!
  • She can throw one great temper tantrum! She has always been a baby that knows what she wants and that is already leading to some talented displays of emotion!
  • She loves to give kisses. Her slobbery open mouth kisses are one of my most favorite presents!
Grandma Margie had a very sweet tradition with her kids growing up. On every birthday, she would come wake them up in their beds with a candle in a fun dessert. This is a tradition we have carried on with Gracelyn and we're so excited to do it with Addison too. So, here is Addison getting her very first birthday morning surprise!

Happy 1st Birthday Addison Joy!
We love you!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

That was the sweetest video I've ever seen. You have the cutest little family. Listening to you all sing to her I just burst into tears. You have a REAL FAMILY!!! It's SO SWEEET. I love it. I love you. And I love Addison. I miss you all!!!!

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

Happy Birthday Addison! We are so blessed to be able to get to know you as you grow:) Love, The Grimes!

Ashley :) said...

Her party was a lot of fun!!! Jesse enjoyed himself in your awesome backyard and playing with all the toys. Thanks for having us :*) Happy Birthday Addison!!