December 18, 2009

Disneyland: Day One

I know that many of you have been anxiously waiting for this post, so....I should be downstairs wrapping Christmas presents, but instead, here I am, posting this for all of you...because I love you all so much!

We've been anxiously waiting to take Gracelyn to Disneyland and we decided that now, before Addison starts crawling or walking would be the perfect time. We spent our first day at California Adventure, since Nana and Papa were coming the next day to do Disneyland with us. There is no way I can post all the cute pictures we took on this trip, but here is my attempt to show you my favorites, in a reasonable amount of time! :)

We couldn't resist taking a picture with the big L before we headed into the park.
Hmmm...where should we start?Gracelyn really wanted to wear the Minnie costume we borrowed from cousin Brooke. She got so much cute attention from all the characters and people who work there. Surprisingly, she really seemed to enjoy all the attention she was getting. Addison looked so cute next to her in her own Minnie onesie!We were lucky enough to catch up with Mickey and Minnie shortly after we got there!Then we got to meet some other cute characters and ride some fun rides. Gracelyn especially loved the adorable Bug's Life rides. Josh and I loved the Toy Story Mania ride...SO fun!
Josh and Gracelyn stopped to watch this little show on the side of the street. Right at the beginning, this actress was looking for a volunteer, and looked right at Gracelyn and said "How about you, Minnie?" Josh and I both looked at each other, thinking there was NO WAY our timid little Gracelyn would go up there with her in front of all those people, but boy did she show us! She walked right up there. The actress asked her to pose like a princess and Gracelyn did just that. The actress drew a picture of Cinderella "aka Gracelyn" and then gave it to her at the end. The drawing is now one of Gracelyn's most prized possessions. Gracelyn throughy enjoyed her HUGE cotton candy at the end of the day, and was just thrilled that it happened to be her favorite color! Nothing like a sugar rush before bed! :)

2 comments:

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

That looked like so much fun! It may need to be it's own scrapbook:) Glad you all had so much fun and Addison looked so cute in Shayne's leopard jacket:) I miss Shayne being that size!

Anonymous said...

SUCH great pictures! Looks like you all had SO much fun!