July 21, 2009

San Diego: Sea World

We had a great day at Sea World. Even though this was Gracelyn's 3rd time, she still loved every minute of it, and Addie was a trooper for her 1st visit! We never get tired of the fun shows and visiting all the exhibits. Josh and I rode the Shipwreck Rapids ride for the first time and got soaking wet thanks to our nephew Austin, who put money in the spray machine and blasted us with water as we rode by! Thanks Austin! :) Another highlight of the day was going on the kiddie rides with Gracelyn. This was the first time she asked to go on the rides and got on them without crying. She actually laughed the whole time on all of them! I was so proud of her! All in all, it was a great day!


Favorite Part of the Day: Listening to this conversation between Aunt Lareka and Gracelyn, during the Shamu Show.

Aunt Lareka: Look Gracelyn, that man is swimming with Shamu. Do you want to get in and swim with Shamu?


Gracelyn: (Looking at me with a huge smile on her face) Mommy, did you bring my swimsuit??


She was so serious and I think a little bit disappointed when I explained to her that she could not actually get in the tank and swim with Shamu! What a silly girl!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Ohhh!! Poor gracie got her dreams of swimming with Shamu DASHED! HAHA What a cute story. Can't wait to see a scrapbook page of that!!

Your girls are too cute in all these pics. I'm sooooo happy to hear Gracie was all about he rides! I knew getting her feet wet at Lagoon was worth it!!

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

I love the one of Addison's huge smile! And the one of the two of them on the beach looking at the water:) So glad you had a good time!

Don Quixote said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.