July 1, 2012

Recital

The girls both participated in their first big recital. Gracelyn danced ballet in "Spring Allegro" and Addison tumbled in "Alley Oop". Their performance was in a huge auditorium at Weber State University. It was so much fun to see them perform on a huge stage in front of a huge audience. They both looked adorable all dressed up in their costumes with their hair and makeup done. I don't know who had more fun putting on their makeup....them or me! Doing dance recitals with my little girls is something I've dreamed of doing ever since I found out I was pregnant with Gracelyn...so in many ways, this experience was a dream come true for me.

Addison Joy- Mommy could not have been more proud of you tonight! You were the youngest girl in your class this year, but you did not let that hold you back one bit. You got up on the big stage tonight with a big smile on your face and did your whole performance. You worked so hard to learn how to do cartwheels and straddle rolls this year and you did them so well in your routine!
Gracelyn Rae- You lit up the stage tonight with your wonderful dancing and your beautiful smile! You are such a graceful little dancer and I love watching you. After the recital, your teacher came up to me and told me just how much she enjoyed teaching you this year and what an excellent example you were to all the girls in your class. I am so proud of you!
 It was a fun night and we are so thankful we got to share it with Nana and Papa. Daddy and Papa surprised the girls with some very special gifts after their performance. The smiles on their faces were priceless.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I like your new font on your blog! CUTE.

I wish so bad we could have come to this!! Looks like it was awesome!!!

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

So fun!!! Glad they both were so brave on a big stage:) We cant wait to see you all soon!