July 6, 2012

4th of July

We had a really nice and laid back celebration this 4th of July. A BBQ at Nana and Papa's house, followed by some sparklers and small fireworks out on the driveway. Then we ended the night at one of the best firework shows I've seen in a while. The tricky part was trying to keep the girls awake long enough to see them...since it wasn't dark enough for the firework show to start here until almost 10 o'clock!
A relaxing day was the perfect way to celebrate this year. We are so thankful for our country and all those that have sacrificed to protect our freedom. This year, I especially took some time to think of Grammy Rodee. This was her favorite holiday. I'm so thankful that she instilled a strong sense of patriotism into our family. I really want to pass that on to my children.
Happy Fourth of July!

No comments: