June 30, 2011

Girls New Room

I finally found some time to take pictures of the girls NEW room. They are still in love with their bunk beds and are having a great time sharing their room. On several occasions, I have caught them snuggling together on the bottom bunk first thing in the morning....and it just melts my heart when I hear Addison call up to Gracelyn in the morning saying "Sissy...are you awake yet?" I had so much fun putting this room together for them and the best part was finding some great thrift store deals and turning them into super cute additions to the room. My favorite project is this bright yellow mirror. It started out as a tacky bronze clock from the thrift store. All I had to do was punch out the clock, cover it with yellow spray paint and glue a mirror to the back and it turned into an adorable addition to their room. When I ran across this cute vinyl decal online, I just knew it was the perfect statement for our little girls to see everyday! :)We needed a much bigger space to hold all the bows and flowers. I found this frame at another thrift store and added chicken wire and fabric to the back to turn it into the perfect place to keep all their bows. The chandelier and fun polka dot curtains were both great Ikea purchases! I did make one splurge on these wall shelves from Pottery Barn Kids. I happened to see them in the store and loved the idea of the girls each having their own shelf to keep special books, artwork, and other treasures on. Gracelyn just loves the fact that she has a special place to keep her "special things" where Addie can't reach them. So you can imagine that most of the time, her shelf is overflowing with many more items than this!And that's the girls new and improved room!

Preston's nursery is also well under way. Here is a sneak peek for now:There will be more pictures of Preston's nursery coming...as soon as it's complete! Hopefully that will be before his birthday on July 27th!

2 comments:

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

I love how the orange knobs turned out on the changing table:) Can't wait to see the rest of the room!

Brittney said...

OH my gosh Morgan. Where to start. The yellow mirror is AMAZING! That vinyl saying is soooo cute! I LOVE it. I LOVE those pottery barn shelves. I saw them online somewhere and totally thought they were the cutest. I love how you put their initials in them.

The way you did their flowers is awesome because it totally looks like ART! I bought a frame a long time ago to make one of these like you have for your earring, but I haven't gotten around to making it yet. Gotta get on that!

Love the room!! Thanks for sharing. I miss you.