March 28, 2011

First Visit from the Toothfairy!

While we were in the airport, on our way to Utah, Gracelyn was eating a snack and suddenly looked at me and said "Mommy, my tooth!" I looked in her mouth to find one of her bottom teeth loose as could be. I think we were both completely shocked! The tooth hung on until we made it to Nana and Papa's house, but it was so loose by then that I was scared to let her go to sleep like that. She was not interested in letting us pulling it out, but Papa talked her into having an apple for a bedtime snack! After a few bites, her tooth popped right out! I expected complete drama from my little drama queen, but she was so brave and proud of herself for losing her first tooth! It was so cute! She knew the drill and immediately told me that she had to put her tooth under her pillow for the tooth fairy, but then suddenly got a worried look on her face and said "Mommy, will the tooth fairy be able to find me here at Nana's house?" I assured her that the tooth fairy would find her, and she did! Sure enough, Gracelyn woke up to 4 dollars under her pillow! I still can't believe that my baby girl lost her first tooth before she even turned 5! And now her other bottom tooth in loose too! Looks like we will have more visits from the tooth fairy soon!
And one more picture at the end, because a little someone was feeling left out! :)

2 comments:

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

I still can't believe she is old enough to lose a tooth! And $4? Grace is going to make a ton on that mouth:)

Josh, Morgan, and Our Kids said...

Only $4 because the tooth fairy that comes to Nana and Papa's house pays more! Ha!