skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Hot Chocolate for Sale
Today we had a garage sale at Grandma Margie's house. The minute Gracelyn heard me talking about a garage sale, she started asking if she could sell something too. Since our mornings here have finally started to be chilly, we came up with the idea for a hot chocolate stand. She could not have been more excited about it! She helped me buy all the supplies we needed and even brought along her piggy bank to collect her money. She stood by her table all morning asking every person who walked up, in her most polite voice, "Would you like some hot chocolate?" I was pretty impressed by her number of "customers" as she called them.
Of course, as the morning went on, and the sun rose, bringing the temperature up past 70 degrees, she began to have fewer customers. She was a bit disappointed by this, so I tried explaining to her that not as many people feel like drinking hot chocolate when it's warm outside. She listened carefully to me as I explained this, then turned to me and said "Well, maybe I don't have very many customers because I don't look fancy enough!" With that, she ran off and found some things to make herself look "more fancy". And apparently it worked, because as the morning went on and the heat continued to rise, she still had a steady stream of customers purchase her (by then, luke warm) hot chocolate until she finally ran out of all 50 styrofoam cups we had purchased. She was quite the little sales girl! :) But after all, who could could say no to this??
I just love this little girl to pieces! She is such a ray of sunshine in my life. I've said it a million times, and I will say it a million more- my life would just not be the same without her! :)
5 comments:
That's hilarious!! It's SO Gracelyn:) And I thought she already looked pretty "fancy" before!
Oh my goodness. What a crack up. She is hilarious!
Can I buy the Hat????
PaPa
I would buy hot chocolate from that fancy girl anyday!
That is so funny Morgan. What a cutie pie!
Post a Comment